Uconnect 8.4: Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
The latest updates to our model lineup include the newest rendition of Uconnect, Uconnect 8.4, which is complete with an 8.4-inch touchscreen, Android Auto, and Apple CarPlay smartphone integration. Whether asking Siri for help is second nature or you’re just getting used to using a smartphone, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are designed to bring the ultimate convenience of your phone to the dash of your vehicle – letting you stay connected while keeping your eyes on the road. Learn how to connect to Uconnect with ease in this guide below, but don’t hesitate to contact us if you need assistance along the way.
Uconnect 8.4 Android Auto
Stay focused, connected, and entertained from Belleville to East St. Louis with the perfect Android companion in your new Pacifica interior or Ram 1500. It takes just a quick “Ok Google” for the Google Assistant to serve you. It can:
- Text anyone in your contacts with voice-to-speech technology.
- Automatically play audio: your favorite album, playlist, podcast, or audiobook.
- Remind you of your upcoming meetings, synced with Google Calendar.
- Navigate you to home, work, or other destinations tied to your Google account.
- Load useful driving apps.
Not only can you find Android Auto now on many of our new models, but you can also get a feel for it on your Android device. Download the Android Auto app to familiarize yourself and then discover firsthand how easy it is to use with a test drive at Auffenberg CDJR. Then, learn how to connect to Uconnect & Android Auto below.
Register Your Device with Ease
You can register with the in-vehicle assist button by following the steps below:
- Push the Assist button on your rearview mirror.
- Select the Uconnect Care icon on your touchscreen.
- Let a Uconnect Care agent register your vehicle and handle the details.
You can also register online:
- Press the Uconnect apps button and select Register by Web.
- Enter your email address.
- Check your inbox for a link to continue your registration.
- Create an account and start your trial.
It’s that easy! Feel free to contact our team if you have any questions!
How to Connect to Uconnect 8.4 with Android™ Auto
Getting connected to the exciting Uconnect 8.4 technology is simple. All it takes to learn how to connect to Uconnect with Android Auto is an Android phone and a few quick and easy steps to get started using it on your infotainment system:
- Download the Android Auto app to your phone from the Google Play Store
- Connect your phone to the USB media port on your infotainment system
You’ll know you’ve successfully connected to Uconnect 8.4 via Android Auto when the phone icon on the touchscreen is replaced with an Android Auto icon.
Uconnect 8.4 Apple CarPlay
- Sending and receiving messages
- Listening to music
- Getting directions
- Making calls
- Using Siri to answer all of your questions
If you’re like us, it’s tough to go too long without checking your iPhone, and now you won’t have to, because you’ve learned how to set up Uconnect 8.4! New Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram vehicles are equipped with Apple CarPlay to bring the iPhone, the App Store, and the Apple experience to the dash of your vehicle. Apple CarPlay is now found on over 200 different models, and you’ll find many of them here at Auffenberg CDJR.
How to Connect Apple CarPlay to Uconnect 8.4
- Plug your compatible iPhone into your vehicle’s USB port with an Apple-certified cable
- Uconnect should automatically display the CarPlay home screen
- You can now use your iPhone through Siri Eyes Free or the Uconnect touchscreen
Learn More About Setting Up Uconnect 8.4
If you still have additional questions or want to see how easy it is to set up Uconnect with your Jeep CarPlay system or RAM Android Auto integration? Contact our team today and we’ll set up a test drive or a demo for you.
Find a New Car with Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
Follow the Latest from Auffenberg CDJR
If you’re shopping around for a spacious SUV to enhance your Freeburg drives, we have you covered with one of the exciting new Grand Cherokee L trims. Learn more about the Jeep Grand Cherokee L price and standard features per trim, then explore our virtual inventory to find the one that’s best suited for your…
There’s a reason the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee is one of the most awarded SUVs on the market. From innovative interior amenities to powerful performance, the Jeep lineup has the versatility you need to conquer your Belleville trips. Take the new Jeep Grand Cherokee L for example. With a striking design, ample legroom and…
We’ve never heard anyone complain about having too many choices. That’s because having options is a good thing. That’s why there are eight impressive Jeep Cherokee configurations to choose from and the famous Jeep Cherokee 4×4 drivetrain is available as an option on all of them. Read below to learn more about the 2021…